What will I be when I grow up?
When I grow up I’ll work with animals. I don’t know which job yet.
我长大了要和动物在一起工作,但我还不确定是哪一个。
Maybe like my brother, he’s a special vet.
可能会像我哥哥一样,他是一名特殊的兽医。
He looks after scary snakes, some just out of eggs.
他负责照看恐怖吓人的蛇,有些还是刚刚从蛋里出来。
He says that they are easy as they don’t have any legs.
他说照看蛇其实很容易,因为它们没有腿。
My father is a scientist. He works to save rare birds.
我的父亲是一位科学家。他的工作是拯救稀有的鸟类。
Some are really clever, and can even say some words.
有一些鸟真的很聪明,甚至会说一些话。
My mother is a dog groomer. She loves dogs, big or small.
我的母亲是一位狗狗化妆师。她十分喜爱狗,无论是大的还是小的。
Once she styled a poodle, it looked just like a ball.
有一次她为一只卷毛狮子狗做造型,后来那只狗看上去就像一只球。
My sister, she trains dolphins. They practise in the pool.
我的姐姐,是海豚训练师。他们在游泳池里训练。
She hears them talk and sing - that sounds really cool!
她听海豚们说话、唱歌——那听上去真是太酷了!
So many animal jobs to choose but which one’s right for me?
有那么多有关动物的工作让我选择,但哪一个才适合我呢?
Because I’m only 10 years old, I’ll have to wait and see.
不过因为我只有十岁,就只好以后等着瞧啦